domingo, 10 de enero de 2010

A Nameless Story- Part I

"First, my wittless friend, you must learn the truth about the world you roam about. And also, you must learn that in reality there is not only one layer to this world. There are thousands upon thousands, one on top of the next. They exist parallel to each other. They never touch; they never mix... and the people living in them cannot know those on the other world."
"Then how exactly did you learn this story?"
"That is a good question, young feller. And I should be a fool to answer it... just now."
"So I am not to know the whole secret. Just parts of it?"
"Glad you get the picture already."
"This is no story I wish to hear, then."
"You have begun now; there is nothing you can do to stop it. Your curiosity will drive you mad. And I am not as young as I used to be. I could die before you find out the rest of the story, and then you'll spend the rest of your days and nights wondering, fantasizing, until one day it overcomes you totally. Then you will know what a fool you were to get up and out of that door."
"You mongrel! You filthy snake!"
"There is nothing but truth in what you tell me, my friend. Nevertheless, ruthless as I am and as much as you despise me, I am afraid you will find that I am right. Much to your disadvantage. How much more difficult it is to forgive someone for being right than for being wrong. But that is quite not the question. I wonder, do you wish to find out more about the thrilling tale I offer you?"
"... Fine. I'll stay..."
"Wise of you, my young acquitance."
"You are nuts, you know. Twisted."
"Yes, you are right, once more; but you see, that is precisely the reason I'm telling you this. Should I be the one to voice it aloud, the world would never believe it."
"And will they believe it when I voice it?"
"Maybe not, but you're further away from the madhouse than I am now."
"Thanks, I fell so much better now about all of this..."

No hay comentarios: