viernes, 8 de agosto de 2008

Chapter 1

Oh, well, here I am. I am walking 'round my home, or rather the place that used to be my home. Now, I am nobody, But I used to be someone until very recently.
Look around. Something is shinning on the walls. Everything's dark, but it seems the room is spotlessly clean. Except for... dirt. Mud, to be specific. All over the floor. It's terrible... the floor is lovely, and of a very expensive marble of white... Gracious.

In the wall just ahead, a portrait. Its size, nearly as tall and thin as I myself used to be. A beautiful woman is staring back at me from the canvas. I know perfectly well that her kind face was once wet with tears, and in more than one occasion the marks of the pain her heart felt could be seen on her shinning skin. But that was a long time ago. And the most recent emotion her face expressed was of terror.

Another room. This one is bigger and much more attractive. Luxury. The walls, the floor, the furniture... everything was so exclusive. Nevertheless, the place is somber. The decoration is made in dark colors, and heavy fabrics hang on every surface. In some places, the walls shine, just like in the portrait room.

The bed is covered by a heavy, navy-blue velvet dosel. The covers are of a burned red. Curiously, mendling with the velvet's opacity, some parts shine just like in the walls; this is specially in the center of the bed...

There's someone in the bed.

No hay comentarios: